Frequently Asked Questions

• How long can I stay in Australia with ETA?

The ETA VISA allows you to stay in Australia for a maximum of three months for each visit.

• Can I include my family in single application?

No. All members of family must have separate ETA. Even if your children travel on your passport, they will need an individual ETA application. But you can apply for all in same format but charge will be applicable for each visitor.

• How long will it take to have my permission/ETA?

Almost for all cases, permission will be granted soon base on the service you requested for (Super Express- 15 minutes, Express-60 Minutes, Popular- 8 hours and Regular-24 Hours etc.). In some cases you may have to wait maximum 24 hours, if the authority takes your application under special review.

• What can I do, if I make a mistake in my application?

It is important that you are very careful when you give your personal details. You will have an opportunity to review all the details you have provided and can change the details at any time until you confirm the payment. If you find out later that you have made any mistake, you will need to make an amendment to your application giving us e-mail before processing your application.
Note: If your ETA details do not match with your passport details, you might experience delays when boarding your aircraft or be refused entry into Australia.

• What will happen if the application is not approved?

If your application is not approved you should proceed your application through the nearest Australian visa office.

• What is the validity of ETA?

Your application must be submitted before your departure for Australia, we recommend submitting your application at least 72 hours before departure. ETA VISA is valid for 12 months from its date of issuance or until your passport expires, whichever is earlier. During this time you can get in Australia whenever you want. You can stay in Australia for a maximum of three months on each visit.

• I have not received my ETA documents yet…What can I do?

Please check your "Spam", "Bulk Mail" or "Junk email" folder. If you find our email there, select the confirmation message and click "This is Not Spam". This will help you future messages (for example ETA documents) to get through. Even then if you do not get it, you can download it from our website.

• I’m British citizen and I want to visit Australia as a tourist. Do I need to apply for ETA visa to Australia?

If you want to travel to the Australian territory for vacation, it is obligatory to request an ETA for Australia. This visa is dedicated to all citizens of the European community. The list of eligible countries on Fees & Requirements page.

• What are the differences between ETA visa and eVisitor visa for Australia?

Both are tourist visas. The Australia ETA visa is for citizens with passports of certain countries including Japan, the US, South Korea, Hong Kong, Canada, Malaysia. The Visa for Australia eVisitor is dedicated to all citizens with a passport issued by a country of the European community. The conditions for the two visas are similar.

• Is it hard to ask for a business or tourist visa to Australia?

It is easy to request for both tourist and business visa for Australia. Just fill in the online application form with all required data correctly and we will send VISA to you as soon as possible.

• When will I apply for a visa to Australia for all my family members, will these requests be approved at the same time?

It is possible that not all requests are approved at the same time. Every request is handled separately, and although they belong to the same family, it can happen that some requests are granted immediately while others after some days.

• I want to follow an English course while on holiday in Australia. Is it possible with a tourist ETA Visa?

With the tourist visa (ETA) for Australia you can study English, attending a course for a maximum of three months. With the tourist visa to Australia you have the option of multiple entries, with a maximum stay of three months for each trip.

• I lost my passport that I used to apply for ETA to Australia, what should I do in this case?

In this case the previous request of ETA visa must be modified. you must associate the new passport to the visa for Australia. You just need to communicate your new passport without requiring a new ETA visa. If you do not notice the change of Passport you may not be able to board the plane.

• I want to take my 4 month old son with me on the road. Do I need to apply for a visa for Australia for him?

Yes, the ETA visa application to Australia must be submitted for each member of the family even if it is an infant.

• I am a European citizen and would like to work in Australia. Can I apply for a visa for Australia ETA?

It is absolutely impossible to work in Australia with an ETA Visa. If you want to work, you need to apply for a visa to work.

• My ETA visa to Australia is about to expire. Can I renew it?

You can renew your visa for Australia ETA only if you are outside of Australia, you have complied with the conditions imposed by the ETA and you have not become the protagonist of illegal actions during your stay.

• My tourist ETA for Australia is running out and I am still on Australian territory. Can I request a renewal?

In this case you cannot apply for a renewal of your ETA VISA. In this case you should take another type of visa.

• I will leave for Australia in 1 day, but I forgot to request the ETA tourist visa. What should I do now?

We always recommend that you make the request of ETA visa to Australia well in advance. But don’t worry we have instant service for your application and you can apply. But we do not guarantee that the granting of the visa arrives in time for departure.

• I am an American citizen. Which visa for Australia should I apply?

American citizens, and citizenship of Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia need to apply for ETA visa to Australia.

• My application for an ETA is unsuccessful, can I get my application fee back?

Please Check our Refund Policy.

• Why do I need to indicate if I have had another name?

When traveling to Australia we need to ensure that you have a valid visa. If you have used a different name on your ETA application to that on your passport, knowing that you have an alias or another spelling of your name will help immigration officials check that you do have a valid visa.